Tuesday, January 3, 2012

YOUTH EMPLOYMENT...


Good Afternoon All!!

Sorry for the lapse in our correspondence. I have been very busy and focused on a few non-blog related things. Well, kind non-blog related. Like most Americans, I have been trying to refocus and catch up my household finances. I am not at all trying to be rich. I would only like to live comfortable and not always behind the proverbial eight ball.

For those of you who know me and have been on my blogs before, you know I tend to have conservative ideologies. Honestly, I do not see them as such. I only see my desire to be the provider for my family and work as hard as needed to make sure they are well taken care of. Recently, I applied for a position for supplementary income. Unfortunately, I was still healing from my Rotator Cuff Surgery and not allowed to begin the job. The position was not a cure all, but it would have allowed me to regain control of our household finances and stand on solid ground.

Struggle is not a choice. People do not sit around and plan to struggle. Struggle happens and people fight through it and try to overcome the obstacles, which struggle creates. We as a community and nation have forgotten the ability to fight through the struggle. I hear rants and screams about jobs and needing jobs. I agree there is a desperate need for higher paying jobs, but I also believe we need to begin filling the open jobs we have, which people tend to think are beneath them.

Programs that work with youth and focus on youth development need to be more accountable for the youth and their social and economic preparations. Placing the youth in a job which pays minimum wage yet, has growth potential is “success”. We, adults, have been brainwashed and in turn began brainwashing youth around us to believe they can get something for nothing. Working hard is not a problem, it is a privilege. How many of us know people who are not working right now? These are employable people, but due to the economy are not trusting to apply for jobs which would pay less than they were getting paid before they became unemployed.

If anyone knows of any company hiring for anything let me know, =)!    

No comments:

Post a Comment