Wednesday, April 4, 2012

“New Motivations…”




When my wife first passed, I was spinning out of control. I didn’t know what to do…I couldn’t get focused and just wanted to explode. Each hour and each day that went by caused for greater heartache and pain. I’ve never felt for someone the way I did/do for my wife, Daniela. I didn’t think I would be able to continue with the elections, but my family and friends pushed and pulled me through it. Each day was a rollercoaster of emotions and the fact of having to “be strong” for our four children, I was a walking mess. 

Now with our family moved and the elections over, I want to get focused on raising the children as she would want. I have decisions to make pertaining to maintaining our lifestyle and culture against career and finances. I need to be available for the kids and spend even more time with them supporting them through their academic careers and social activities.

My question to myself is simply, “What now?”

There are a few ideas I have and possible paths to take for the family. One path is an idea I share with a great friend (Ty Baldwin), which focuses on youth and youth development. With nearly 20-years in Youth/Human Services, I feel it’s time to develop and launch these programs and ideas to assist Milwaukee/Milwaukee County. Currently, we are working on launching the Milwaukee Economic Development Group (or MEDG). This group will be made up of talented and experienced members of our community, who will come together and develop programs through proper planning to help others in the Milwaukee Community.  

The starting line up is being developed as we read!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment