Sunday, April 24, 2011

"My Midlife Experience"


I called a friend today because I was suffering from extreme anxiety being back at work earlier today. I didn’t want to start back working due to the negative atmosphere at the workplace. The culture of my work environment is full of people talking about one another and about people behind their backs. I can’t stand when people do this. This makes you a coward. If you talk about people, you should be strong enough in yourself to tell that person to their face what you say behind their backs.



To ease my anxiety, my friend said, I should embrace my midlife experience. This was tough for me because I didn’t think, I was in my midlife. Steve said to do something for myself. Do something that has NOTHING to do with family or my wife, but that’s strictly something I like doing. Well, that wasn’t too difficult. All I really like is Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Steve said to engulf myself in jiu jitsu and try not to sacrifice my time for other people or appointments.



Let’s see how this turns out!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment