Friday, November 18, 2011

Biggest Loser...




Is it really that bad being a sore loser? I mean, you try to be victorious and when you lose, it hurts so badly, you end up stressing out and snapping out. Well, maybe not that bad. I tend to get a tad emotional about it. I think it makes you a more intense and passionate person.

The chill of the brisk winds are tearing through my thin flannel shirt. This is “sick” weather. I didn’t wear a cap today, well not a winter cap fit for the weather. As I wonder about being a loser, I look at the possible ills, which could’ve occurred at my place of employment because I’m continuously trying to teach and re-teach adults how to do their jobs. A woman who has spent the last few years being victimized by her, then, husband asked us for help keeping him away from her. Well, he came up to the facility and approached her. She was terrified. The husband was known for threatening with weapons (firearms).

It was horrible hearing and seeing the fear she has for this man. What can I do to let my staff understand the severity of this issue? I think they aren’t serious about their jobs and only sees the time when they clock out for the evening.

Sorry, just venting…      

No comments:

Post a Comment