Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Concealed And Carry in Wisconsin....




Well, here we go. They have jumped up and the line has been drawn, again, for Wisconsin’s Concealed and Carry. Politicians have chosen to defend or oppose Conceal and Carry in our great state. It makes me laugh on several levels when city, county, and state politicians who have never experienced handling firearms wave the banner against it. As you may already know, I’m a total advocate for Conceal and Carry. In this blog post I’ll try my best to explain why I agree with Conceal and Carry and why you should as well.

It’s a well known understanding people have carried firearms before this law of Concealed and Carry was even a first draft. Where were the checks and balances then? Where were politicians screaming against criminals carrying and committing crimes with unregistered firearms at that time? Now today’s law gives the law biding citizens the opportunity to protect themselves and their families. Those opposing the law claim more guns on the street will create the opportunity for more gun violence. I disagree!



Criminals who use firearms to commit crimes target those who they suspect are “NOT” carrying weapons to defend themselves. Recently, I asked a known Gangbanger on Milwaukee’s North Side (We’ll call – Rocket) who does he target when robbing or assaulting. “Rocket” stated he looks for people who don’t pay attention to what’s going on around them and who are weak. I asked him if he “thought” someone was carrying a concealed firearm would he target that person. “Rocket” stated, “Man, Why? If I thought they were strapped (carrying), I’d move around and find somebody else.”

Those citizens in Milwaukee and Wisconsin who are signing up for the right to carry firearms aren’t the ones we should be focusing on or concerned with. We need to focus on those firearms, which are being carried by criminals or which are unregistered and illegal. Then you have those advocating signs in establishments stating: “No Guns Allowed”. I laugh when I hear this. Why didn’t they advocate posting those signs before the law? Simple, they didn’t know people were carrying firearms into their establishments. I do agree firearms shouldn’t be allowed in courthouses or the capital. That’s a given, but I know you can carry a firearm without others knowing. I know that personally!

I feel with Conceal and Carry in Wisconsin, we as a community should assist the police and state agencies in getting unregistered firearms off the streets and respect the everyday, hardworking law biding citizens who choose to carry firearms for their individual and family’s protection.

I need your feedback pros or cons.   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment