Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Brotherhood Lost...




Earlier this morning, my wife and I went to visit with my grandparents at their home in Milwaukee. After being there an hour or so, my older cousin who lives in their basement came in. it was nice seeing him. As we grew up, he was more like an older brother than cousin. We greeted one another and he jumped into the conversation.

He asked why we were there and when my wife explained the conversation went south. He went in a direction I never expected. My cousin, who I thought of as a brother told my wife or began to gloat, rather, to my wife how “HE” conquered one of my (childhood) ex-girlfriends. He began throwing it in the air to my wife who has already heard the story one million times. He spoke on it as though he won something.

True!

He did win something.

He won screwing her…I guess. The funny part was that we are all adults now. He got one up on me. Yep! My cousin screwed my girlfriend! WOW!!! I submit to the fact that the “ONE” thing my cousin could do over me was that. Not create and raise a family. Not met and build a relationship with an amazing woman. Not obtain multiple academic achievements. Not build a career. My cousin screwed my girlfriend.

My wife and I drove home laughing about it. I smiled all of the way to the house. Someone I cared about as a brother would be that spiteful, he brought up something that happened over twenty years ago. Then he mocked me by telling my wife how I was upset and tried to fight him about her.

“Dude, it was over twenty years ago and it was a childhood crush! Puppy love!” WOW!!!!

My family…how trif?!?!!?!   

1 comment:

  1. It sound to me if your cousin has a more internal problem. May be addiction or some crap. This usually happens when one has to put down another to make them self feel better. With that said it has happened to me and this person ended up at the dentist the next day.

    ReplyDelete