Friday, June 3, 2011

"I Want to Compete!!!!"

I need a healthy diet plan to cut weight, but maintain and build cardiovascular endurance and physical strength. After obtaining my Blue Belt, I took most of the week off and returned today for Combat Conditioning. It was brutal!!! My body felt the absence from being in the gym and I felt nauseated several times. I feel better right now and plan to attend Gi Class tomorrow morning. Next week, I start on my push towards the IBJJF Tourney and NAGA in Chicago this August.

My first and only jiu jitsu competition experience was a train wreck. It was at a NAGA in Evanston, IL. The team went without our coach and very inexperienced players. When my division was called, it was very hectic and me being new to competing didn’t make it too much better. When the match started, my opponent had his coach on the sideline coaching him and I was alone. It was very intimidating. I stressed and got caught. My Diabetes was an issue as well. Damn!!!

Now with being promoted, I set a goal to compete again. I could have put it off further down the road, but I would rather do it now. With my new team behind me, I have the confidence to compete again. This time around, I have a strong coach and training staff and my health is a main focus for me. I think my experience will be much more enjoyable than the NAGA in Evanston. I’ll keep you posted!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment