Friday, June 17, 2011

""I Wish I Were A Millionaire""

I walked into my neighborhood gas station today and was overwhelmed by the number of people who play the lottery. I was in a slow and long line. The person at the front of the line was buying lottery tickets and was taking up so much time; I was nearly late to work. Then my light bulb lit up!!!

What if I won the lottery???

If I won the lottery, I would be total “CRAP” and I would probably go broke within the year. People are winning amounts like $398 Million. Of course the government has to get theirs, but after that, you still have mucho loot.

For starters, I would leave and go to a motel before the winner (me) is announced. That would stop the greedy friends and family from hunting you down. In the motel, it would be my kids, my wife, and I only. I would contact an attorney who has his/her JD/MBA and focuses in finance. Our first duty would be to payoff all of my debt. I would also payoff my parents and sisters debt.

Living in my current city and neighborhood would be an automatic “No” and would lead us to secure residency elsewhere. I would push for Galveston Island, Texas. All my family (my parents and sisters) would move as well. Everyone would get houses, but not mansions. They would get modest homes and vehicles. They would not get money, but rather employment and business opportunities. I have three friends I would assist and help develop business opportunities, but that’s it!!!

The focus would be on developing financial opportunities that my children and nephews can manage and grow. My children would get trusts set up and stipulations for them to attend and graduate college would be set up as well.

Now the “REAL” fun...

I would spoil my wife. I would give her what she deserves. I know our union isn’t built on material things, but I’d feel good having the opportunities to spoil her with them. We would travel and stay moving around.

The only problem is, I don’t play the lottery at all. How can you win at something and you never play to win? Well, that’s the craziness of thinking about winning. You have to play to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment