Sunday, August 28, 2011

"A Letter To Myself!!!!"


Dear World,

I’m about to sit down and watch True Blood with my family. First, I wanted to write you this letter. A friend passed away and I’ve been thinking about it for the past two days. Even though, Toni Washington and I lived nearly a thousand miles apart, she was supportive and inspirational to my family and I.

As a father, I try to be an example to my children. I try to be the best husband to my amazing wife as possible. Rarely do I imagine what would happen to them if I were not around. With my friend passing on, this question has been on my mind.

If I died, would my family be taken care of? Would they be financially secure? I’m sure they wouldn’t be. With the current economic state we’re living in, there’s no reassurance that we‘ll maintain insurance, healthcare, and retirement. As a nation, we’ve become accustom to spending what we earn rather than saving our earnings. My father used to say, “Money is meant to be spent!” Today, with the horrid economic future looming above us, I have to disagree.

Downsizing is a practice I know I need to start. As consumers, we purchase and grow debt. To practice downsizing though, you have to understand bargain shopping and saving. Also, I need to prepare security for them in case of my passing on.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Sincerely,

Me




  

No comments:

Post a Comment