Monday, October 31, 2011

Shed The Fear...




Mostly, through my career and even work history, I’ve never really left my comfort zone. I’ve always applied for jobs I knew I would secure. How risky is that? I guess, it falls on the statement my wife repeatedly throws at me, “Ray you’re afraid of success!” Man, am I? Am I so afraid of success that I choose then not to attempt achieving it?



I have the tools for success, but I’m very nervous to pull the trigger. I have too much to (i.e., my family) and too much to loose. I found the non-profit sector as my area of comfort. Lately, I find myself researching and looking into my career opportunities in the for-profit sector. Although, I find the competition in the for-profit sector intimidating, there are several opportunities, which I will apply for. I hope to get over this fear of stepping out of the secure doorway of my comfort zone. A friend (Helen Henderson) helped me try and get into the interviewing process for for-profit career opportunities. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment