Saturday, September 22, 2012

iCannibals


This past Friday, my younger sister called me in the early morning and asked if I was already at the Apple Store to get the new iPhone 5. Friday was the iPhone 5 launch! I told her it was too early to be asking me questions like that. She sat for a few seconds then said, “I have to get the 5!”

My home is the typical American household with many techie-toys. We are considered “Macs” due to only using Mac Products. We have a Mac, MacBook, iPad, several iPhones and a few iPods. I hangout at the Apple Store like people go to the grocery store, it’s cool though! Today, my son (Nasir) and nephew (Alex) went with me to checkout the new iPhone 5. While there, I had an epiphany of sorts. While there, Nasir and Alex stepped over to play with the new iPod Nanos. I ask, “Why?” Why would they look and play with the Nano?

If you have an iPhone, you eliminate the necessity to need other products from Apple (Mac). For example, the iPhone system has a built in iPod; why would you use an exterior iPod? Also, if you have an iPhone what would you use the iPad for? The iPhone does everything and more than the iPad.

You have to be honest about Apple’s marketing and promotions of their product lines. They are truly above the rest in their industry. Each time a new product is launched, the public response is overwhelming. As a costumer, you almost feel obligated to purchase “whatever” is being launched. We must ask ourselves, “Isn’t the iPhone the cannibal of iProducts???   

No comments:

Post a Comment