Wednesday, September 26, 2012

iPhone 5 Stresses



I just found out that I’m having some iPhone 5 withdrawals. Don’t worry though. The withdrawals I’m speaking of pertain to not getting the new phone. Let me explain. I have the 4s and downloaded the iOS 6 Download. My phone has been pretty fun this past week. I love my camera. The speed/action shot and panoramic capabilities are so awesome. Everything new on the phone is so wicked, =D! Those withdrawals I spoke on are asking, “Why do I need to upgrade right now?”

We all know how Apple operates and we all get caught up in the hoopla of Apple launching new products. I’m wondering why. Why do I need the new phone as much as I desire it? Other than the slightly larger screen and new charger port, I ask again, “Why do I desire this phone?”

I guess I can and will charge it to the fact we live in a capitalist society and have all bought into the idea of pro-consumerism. I admit I’m a huge abuser of the belief I need all the new toys and best of the best. Back in the day, we called it – Champaign taste on a Beer budget. I’ve been engulfed in this thinking so often it’s sometimes physically taxing. Isn’t that bad? Being a slave to the so-called finer things in life. I laugh because everything considered to be finer always comes with a price a higher price. I bet…no, I know once I purchase the i5, Apple will launch the i5s or i6 just to spite me.

Keep an eye out and we’ll see what comes of this… 

No comments:

Post a Comment