Friday, March 1, 2013

"Self Improvements"


Hummm… As we grow older and advance up the developmental ladder, we experience situations, which will, in fact, measure us while defining who we become as human beings. Who we hangout with when we’re growing up or how we perform in our 10th grade Geometry class, all define the person we’ll grow into becoming later in life. My writing ‘Pine Hill Road Diaries’ about growing up in El Dorado, AR and the time I spent in Milwaukee, WI right after my father was shot in the line of duty as a Arkansas Law Enforcement Officer all had great affect on the person I am today.

Also, the choices we make factor in as well. Those choices define us like to live here or move there or to attend school and major in engineering over Pre-Law. In my case, one major life-changing factor was to put all fear aside and pursue Daniela with reckless abandonment. I was focused on following a dream before I met Daniela, but went in a totally different direction after meetings her. Never did I think I’d study Human Services and work 20-years in a field to directly help and assist youth and families. I would never think I’d obtain multiple graduate degrees and not focus on financial rat race.

Some people believe I’m a good man. I don’t. I just understand this concept of cause and effect pretty well. When you desire an outcome based in trust, faith and understanding, it’s like a mathematical equation. You never see the answer until it’s too late and once it’s there, everything has been set in its place and then it’s too late.

As I try to get back to some sense of normal, I’m truly contemplating on returning to school in pursuit of yet, another academic goal. It’s the trust, faith and understanding Daniela had in me, which is motivating this desire and push to continue improving myself while being a positive influence on our amazing children.

Thank you for listening and Good Night!!!        

No comments:

Post a Comment