Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Career or Passion???"


When I pulled up from work this evening, I was welcomed with a group of neighborhood kids at the unit connected to our townhouse. There were about nine-to-twelve early teenage boys. Some of the boys were on bikes and others standing on the neighbor’s porch. The problem seemed to be that we’re not used to this. We’re not used to being the “Neighborhood Hangout” and our kids aren’t typical youth. They have been so guarded by Daniela and I they tend to not understand “Neighborhood Kids”. It’s funny if you see it. They are so foreign to the realities of life.



Yesterday, Daniela had a taste of our earlier passion of working with and assisting youth. Our neighbor has a granddaughter who seems to be the neighborhood “Jump Down” attracting boys, boys, and more boys to the house in hopes to get in her panties. How critical am I when I was that dude with my crew? It’s wild.



I think she needs to strongly think about getting back into the field of youth and family services. Daniela is the greatest with youth. Hey, she must be, she deals with me daily.   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment