Friday, May 13, 2011

"The Winds of Change!"

It amazes me that people get caught up in the drama of change. All change, although not always positive, is not always negative either. My better half is currently dealing with the realism of change and the honest nature of man.

When I was young, my dad would ask me questions and inquire on my behavior and such. Now, being a cop, my dad knew when I was lying or hiding something. He would ask me several questions in different tones and in different ways. He would wait for a few minutes then ask the question again. After a few minutes, I would stumble and fall apart spilling the beans on myself. My dad always said, “People who are unable to feel comfortable telling lies will always fall apart and show their true selves.” He went on to say, “This is true with the character of a man as well. You need to observe a man for a period of time before his true nature or true motives are exposed.” It is hard for a funny guy to be serious, just as it is hard for an angry man to smile. His true nature will always expose his trueness.

This is a lesson I must take hold and cherish in my soul and heart. I had faith in the idea two people could take on the machine and truly make efforts to assist and redevelop the mental pycho–social ideologies so many of our indigent youth and citizens are suffering from. I was under the impression there would be a free voice that sang the neo-revolutionary songs of education, upliftment, and enlightenment. A voice that would be from the streets and neighborhoods, not another one coming to use the people to lift themselves to higher and higher statuses in this political slop-trough.

No matter age, race, gender, religion, political party, fraternal order, or favorite TV reality show, they are all the same. The gods call it Self-Savior! You must save yourself before you save others. Or do for yourself before you do for others.

This time will be used to self-assess and re-commit to old friends and patch up those relationships towards regaining what was lost and needs to be returned to the royals in Milwaukee. Before we exodus from this great unholy wilderness, we must set the wheels in motion to join the crusades of 2011-2012. set forth the winds of change!!!               

No comments:

Post a Comment