Saturday, February 2, 2013

Caught Up In The Cellular Matrix Through Data & Unlimited Plans

Yesterday, I went to Breakfast with a very good friend. He and I haven't hung out in weeks and it was a great opportunity to catch up with one another. We talked about the usual chitter-chat. We talked abotu the kids, work, the psychos we incounter on the job, you know. He ask me to bring my charger because his phone was dead and needed juice. Unfortunetly, we don't have the same phones. He has an Evo and I have an iPhone.

The conversation then turned on cellular devices and carriers. I thought this month's cellular bill was out of order for me at $500. Then I had to think about it. I have five (5) phones on my Verizon Account. I have a Family Plan with unlimited usage and data. My shildren have downloaded a few things and we've used our devices out of WiFi zones so I can see it being a tad high. It's usually around $250-$300. My friend, on the other hand is single and has one phone. His bill came in yesterday and for one month...one month, his bill was nearly $2,500.

With the high cellular month-to-month costs, I was wondering how our parents survived without cellular devices. AT &T, Sprint and Verizon are teh three top dogs in cellular companies. They are killing use with these extreme charges and costs. I complain, but I can't at all stop for some reason. I guess that's part of being an American Consumer in 2013. You just have to spend your money. Sounds like my father who always said, "Money isn't meant to be saved. It's meant to be spent." I wish he'd give me some so I can spend his.

No comments:

Post a Comment