Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"Missing A Woman's Presence"


I'm going to try and keep this light and not dwell in the emotional prison of missing my late wife, Daniela Matthews. 

Raising a gang of boys is simple. Maybe because I'm a male and I was a young boy once and in raising them it's just natural for me. I mean boys don't have to do too much maintenance in their daily preparations. We're pretty much wash and go. 

The problem is my daughter. Wow! Being a widowed father raising a daughter is so new and so scary for me. My daughter is only 11-years old, but she's growing and developing right in front of me. I have no idea how or what it takes to raise a female child. My position as Daddy has me more concerned about checking young whipper-snappers than female hygiene products. 

When I was a teenager, I was well known to be “that dude” who fathers would warn their daughters about. You know, the fathers who threaten with intimidation and tales of horrific outcomes if I were to come near their daughters. The sad part is, I knew those cats were just blowing smoke. Today,I’m not playing. I can totally see myself chopping up a young cat, Glad-Locking his body parts and burying those individual parts in multiple random locations to make it hard to find that ass! Seriously.

I miss the presence of a female in my house for multiple reasons, but to mentor and be there for my daughter is the most important. I don’t know what I’m doing when it comes to teaching a young girl to be a woman. Only a woman can do that properly.  


No comments:

Post a Comment