Friday, October 21, 2011

I Jumped The Gun Again...




Wow! 

What a shocker did I get today! I had an appointment scheduled today with the representative from an agency wanting to hire me for supplementary income. This was right on time and going to be the start of a new and refreshed Ray. After my appointment with my doctor who did my Rotator Cuff Surgery, my wife and I headed to Hales Corner, WI for me to sign the Employment Packet and get my start-up schedule for this new exciting job.
As we crossed into Wauwatosa, WI there was the sound of a phone ringing. It was my cell phone. I answered it. It was the representative from the job. She stated I was “NOT” cleared and she would have to freeze the process and Employment Offer until, I was cleared by Concentra.

Damn, this is the ultimate downer. I just knew everything was developing in a positive light for me and I would be on the road to personal redemption within my own heart and spirit. Now the agonizing pain of failure and defeat have once again found comfort in my own self doubt. I guess, I need to take a deep breath and take some of my own advice. “Buckle down and lace my boots up!” I’m not sure if Concentra didn’t get the clearance or even if there were restrictions on my being hired.

What can I do? Is there anything that can be done?

Talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment