Thursday, October 6, 2011

WHERE'S THE MONEY???




With the holidays creeping upon us, I find myself going through that tunnel-coaster of worry and self-doubt. I heard the number of people who fall in depression rise around the holidays. I’m in no way saying I fell depressed, I just feel unsatisfied with my position within this economy. I haven’t heard about any promotional opportunities or openings to transition to within the county. I’ve researched supplementary income opportunities and have applied for several of them, but still I’ve heard nothing as of yet.

My availability is limited to third shift hours and weekends. With working second shift, my availability is very limited. I have a history of working third shift so that’s really not an issue. It may sound funny (or odd), but as long as I’m able to train Jiujitsu and get rest, I’ll work two 10-hour jobs a day.



I’ve worked in youth and family services for the past 15-years. It’s not getting old, but I think I need to reinvent myself and bring worth into my talent and experience as a manager and employee. As a primary career choice, I’m not sure which direction I can go in right now.

I’d be lying if I said money isn’t a factor. Of course, I’d like to bring more money to our (my family) table I think that goes without saying. Now with Nasir preparing to enter high school and having his pick of where to attend, more money would help if the school requires costs per semester. Also, more money would allow us to rebuild our savings, which were affected during the past few years.



Developing opportunities to create more disposable income is tough right now for me. My focus and desire is to create those opportunities in Jiujitsu and/or Mixed Martial Arts. I’ve had a set back with my Shoulder Recovery, but I still have plans and will work on them to develop into cash creating opportunities.  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment