Saturday, October 20, 2012

Safety and Security.... Is It Over Rated???


Yesterday, I drove to my parent’s house on 19th Capitol Drive here in Milwaukee. Their house sits on a very busy corner with both foot and vehicle traffic. As I pulled up to the intersection, MPD vehicles and yellow tape blocked it off. Nearly twenty minutes before I arrived there was a shooting in the intersection. Multiple shots were fired with at least two vehicles being involved. I’m not sure if anyone was hit or not, but no one at my parent’s home was injured.

So before I begin, I know you know what I’m already thinking. I know you want to say it can happen anywhere… I agree, but let me get my thought out. Being the parent of four children, I have to focus on their wellbeing and security. As a parent, I must give my children the sense of security with out the utter senseless violence and criminal nature of so many we run across in today’s modern urban communities. As the day’s come and go, we are living witnesses to the de-civilization of the American and Global Societies. Criminals are being protected by the laws and legal system built by the framers to create an equal and fair society from injustice.

I’m gonna show you a video. Understand the video is disturbing in some areas, but the idea is to know what you think and if you agree or not with the out come. Please watch and listen then make your judgment. The narrator is actually very neutral in his commentary.        


No comments:

Post a Comment