Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Darned Air Travel"


 “Darn air travel!!!” I thought I was going to Southeast Texas and got slammed in the face. I wanted to visit my aunt and uncle on the Gulf, but the air travel rates are ridiculous. I was initially disappointed, but reality set in. After, I called my uncle and he told me not to stress it, I was a tad more at ease. The alternative plan is to go to Arkansas and visit home (El Dorado) and chill there while getting a little R-N-R with the better half.

I haven’t been on vacation or anything near to looking like a vacation in over 2-years. I haven’t been back to the Natural State in over 5-years or more. I wonder what it’s going to be like? What’s there? Has anything changed? What does my house look like?

I have twisted expectations on going to El Dorado. In the distant rear of my mind, I have a fading desire; I’ll be welcomed home with open arms and opportunity. This would be the trip to kick start my second half…of my life. A beautiful opportunity to escape the Walkerisms of Wisconsin’s political machine. I could step up to the head of our family table and rebuild the dream of Andrew and Hattie, Ray and Sherry, and the idea of managing our very own piece of the planet, four generations old.

The dust settles and the dream clouds fade away leaving reality steadily in my sight. WHOA!!! I would have an opportunity to go home and visit family and friends. I can take Daniela to the places I talk about to give her a vision of my past and upbringing. This is going to be cool.

Many of my family and friends laugh at me because I come off like those expectations I spoke of earlier are real. I know it’s a fantasy and dream. I know I’m too darned old to fantasize, but it takes me to a better place in my mind, body, and spirit. Daniela is wonderful. She’s down to do whatever I want to on this trip. Fly down or drive down. Stay in El Dorado or hit El Dorado and then come back north to hit Batesville. Whatever I want to do, she’s fully committed to ride shotgun with me.

I need to get it right and stick to a scheduled plan. ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment