Sunday, March 27, 2011

"El Dorado always on My Mind"


         I’m back at the office today, I feel drained. Not drained due to our trip, but drained due to returning from the trip. Here, we go again back to the grind. My wife and our children just returned from the most beautiful vacation weekend, I’ve ever been a part of. My family blessed me with returning to my hometown with me to see how I grew up. I thank them for the memories.



Lately, I’ve been feeling uncomfortable when I sleep and when I’m up, I feel sluggish and tired. Thoughts of El Dorado race through my mind. Returning home is always on my mind.

When I got to Calion, I was stoked. I was able to show and tell my family about things, which happened when I was growing up. I showed them the junior high school I attended. I showed them the high school. Everything and everywhere I could remember, I showed them about my hometown.



We stayed for about four days and at the trip’s end, my family turned on me and blamed me for having to return to Milwaukee. My children and my wife wanted to stay. WoW!!!

I never expected that one. The population of my town is currently 18k, which is down from 21k four years ago and nearly 30k about ten years ago. I never would have thought, my uppity family (smile) would want to live in the rural south. “THEY CALL ME COUNTRY!!!” I really guess these folks of mine are a trip!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment