Friday, March 25, 2011

"My Demons"


When you wake in the morning with the sole intent to be a good person, demons awaken as well on missions to deter and alter your plans and focus.

I find it easier to fight fire with fire. I know what you’re thinking, but it’s a reactionary response. Call it primal or even a God given ability for self-preservation. These demons don’t fly around as shadows or have claws and blackened wings. Everyone has demons and they tend to enjoy the game of “Righteousness v. Wickedness”. Your demons may not be my demons and visa versa. Many of us claim to suffer from bad luck. In that ideology, someone is consistently falling into the worldly trappings of hopelessness and self-pity.

I’ve learned to acknowledge my demons. Not worship them, but acknowledge their existence. On my right arm, Laurent Marin tattooed a scene of three Japanese Gomi Demons attacking a lone Samurai. My interpretation of this is… “We all have demons that are constantly fixed on our destruction. Knowing this, we have to be in the battle mode at all times”.

My father has an ideology of Mind, Body, and Spirit. This encompasses all, which makes us human. These three words are weapons against our demons.


No comments:

Post a Comment