Thursday, March 3, 2011

Diabetes Control



I’ve been a Diabetic for the past seven-to-ten years. It’s been very hectic and at times scary. I grew up watching my mother deal with it and then later my father was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Some people believe you can catch Diabetes like you’d catch a cold. This isn’t true. In my case, I had a higher probability to have it because of multiple reasons.

1.     Over weight
2.     Both parents are Diabetic
3.     Three of four grandparents are Diabetic
4.     Lack of physical activity
5.     High stress in career environment and personal life

Currently, I eat healthier and am physically active through martial arts (Gracie Jiu Jitsu) and cardio-conditioning. I have a new great doctor and have begun on new meds while watching my blood count (or as older Black folks say, “My Sugar!!” Everything’s a day-by-day process. So far, it’s going well! 

1 comment:

  1. These are our new, self-purchased multi-colored shirts for the gig!!I feel stiff in this picture, ;)

    ReplyDelete