Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"I Got You...Don't Worry!!"



How many times have you heard someone say to you, “I got you, don’t worry.” This is so funny to me because I’ve said it to others myself. I guess when I said it, the idea was to set a level of emotional comfort to that person. I truly thought at that time, I “REALLY” meant what I was saying, but recently, I’ve started to think that statement is only cliché!!

When I was going through my dire straights for nearly a year, I had everyone coming to me saying, I didn’t have to worry, they’d find me a job or get me in somewhere.  Hey, I’m not being a spoiled heart, but it seemed as though no one wanted to really be around me at that time. Maybe, they thought I was depressed and on the verge of having a nervous breakdown, I don’t know. I heard it and realized I was the driver of my own future and destiny. I needed to first humble myself and do whatever I needed to do to bring in the money. Although, you maybe educated and full of experience the bottom line is who do you know and “Do they have YOU”.

I still have more humbling to learn, but kissing tail isn’t on the Matthews Menu.  

No comments:

Post a Comment