Monday, December 24, 2012

"Happy 21st Birthday..."

Riding around MKE, I rose up into my old neighborhood. I had to pull over and take a picture of this corner. This is the corner at 26th & Auer Avenue.

Back in the summer of 1991, I was coming home from work when a car pulled up to the corner. I was one block away from home. There were about six people in the car. I stood on the corner to let the car past. The guy in the passenger seat threw up a gang sign for "Crip". Well being we were in Milwaukee and Crips were a West Coast Gang, I really didn't pay too much attention. Well, I guess I didn't respond how he wanted me to so he and all his boys stepped from the car. They all pulled guns out on me. "Wow!"

I'm one block from my house, in my neighborhood and this is how I'm going out. "Wow!" They danced around pointing their guns at me with one saying, "Pop this n!gg@! He a glazed donut!" Glazed Doughnut was a diss to Gangsta Disciples. This went on for about 5-minutes. In that 5-minutes no one came by. No cars, nothing. I figured if this is how I'm going down then so be it. It is what it is!!

The driver was a young female and told them since I was coming from work and had a job, I was cool and they needed to let me go. So they did.

Two days later was my birthday. I turned 21-years old and I was legal to buy alcohol. It was a party!!! My homie, Shay Money and I walked around the corner so I could buy my first bottle of beer "legally". While at the corner someone's hand was in my face making the letter "C" for "Crip" and I heard a familiar voice. When I looked up, it was the big mouth from a few nights earlier on the corner of 26th & Auer Avenue. What a birthday gift, I thought.

He said, "You remember this?"
He was with another cat who he must have been trying to impress. "Yeah, he saw my 45...I was gonna pop him!"
He and his friend stepped out of the store laughing. Shay had been outside so he didn't see what went on in the store.

I got my beer and stepped outside behind the two "Crips". When I got outside, they were stand there, not thinking about me, just talking. I said, "A-Yo! Hold up!" Shay walked over a few steps behind me still not too close. "Yeah... Shay, these are the cats that upped missiles on me the other night." Without thought. Shay reached under his shirt pulling out his pistol and pointed it at the big mouth.
Shay said, "Happy Birthday, Folks!"

I'll leave it there. My point is...You never know who you're dealing with when you play that RAH RAH!! Every laid back dude's not so laid back! Not every thug is a real thug!

Think about it!!
#25Street #Quad #BGD #FolksNation #ShauMoney


No comments:

Post a Comment