Saturday, December 15, 2012

Purpose...

You've all heard me discuss being a father and husband and how special those roles are to me. I've come to a realization this drab rainy morning. Many men get caught up in the idea of being the head of their household without truly understanding the purpose of roles in the household. I had it tweaked at first so don't think I'm ridiculing you for not knowing. Remember, with age comes understanding.

Growing up in a small community like El Dorado, Arkansas, I was taught jewels every time I turned around. There was a culture of 'Real Men' who were there to teach me and show me what my job and duties were to my family and community. As I've said, I come from a community where all the families were two-parent households and everyone played their positions accordingly. Watching men like Billy Cook, Joseph Robinson, Mr. Blake, James Sanders, Andrew Matthews,
and Ray Matthews Sr. These men, on that small short road off of Mt. Holly Road, taught me how to be a strong provider for my family. They each taught me how to love and respect my woman and dedicate myself to her happiness. These amazing men showed me how to be a good father to my children and how to love my family.

My desire to be home (Arkansas) is outbid respect for the lessons I learned as a teenager. The person I was due to those teachings impressed Daniela so much she married me. Also, we were in preparation to leave Milwaukee and relocate our family to Arkansas. She saw the potential in raising our children in the family based environment I was raised. Unfortunately, she passed and that dream faded away. Maybe the "Big City" has grown to be too much for me. Hahaha.... Yeah, I've admitted it. I know my friend Shane is laughing at me. I want to be home so much. Small town. Laid back vibe raising my and Daniela's babies in those same ideas where I was raised. As a parent it's our job to be a leader for our families. That's my purpose. What is yours?

This is what Pine Hill Road Diaries is all about. Keep your eye out because the last chapters are being completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment