Thursday, September 22, 2011

High School Blues...


This morning, I sat with my wife and our oldest son, Nasir, talking about his quest to find a high school for next year. Earlier this year after we went to El Dorado for a visit, I’d started thinking about relocating our family there. Nasir is in the 8th Grade. Nasir made Daniela (his mother) and I a deal. Nasir said if we hadn’t moved by the time his 9th Grade year began, he would want us to stay in Milwaukee until he graduated high school in 2016. His idea is not to switch or attend multiple schools. Nasir wants to spend his entire high school career at one school.



Although, Nasir is our child and we are the adults, Daniela and I respect his voice and his opinion on his own future. As much as I want to relocate and start a new chapter in our family, I must respect their individualisms and ideas. Everyone else wants to move and start a new.



I wonder if it’s even worth trying to relocate…

…I feel so stagnate and frozen in growth and time.

I would rather stop our desire to move than to jeopardize his academic interests and motivations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment