Sunday, September 11, 2011

You Grown Now...




Today, I watched my friend, Laurent Marin tattoo my nephew, which was his first “legal” tattoo. Laurent had to correct an earlier tattoo, De Angelo got from an unauthorized tattoo shop. The first tattoo was super-wacky! I guess De Angelo got the first tattoo just to say he has one. After harassing me for months, I went ahead and talked to Laurent about doing it. At the time, 
De Angelo was only 17-yrs old and would be 18-yrs old a week later. In Milwaukee, WI to get tattooed, you have to be 18-yrs old.

Today, I received a text from my nephew Alex, which read, “Unc, Dee getting his tat…Dude is bout to cry…” I threw on my clothes and sped to the tattoo shop, which is only a few blocks from my house. I couldn't miss this, =D!!! When I got there, De Angelo was still in Laurent’s chair getting his tattoo. De Angelo’s first tattoo was fully covered with a nice cross. Laurent then thickened the lines of the text written by the first artist. He made it stand out more.



Although, I was totally against De Angelo getting tattooed, I must say he was right correcting and getting the cover ups. It’s said, “Cheap tattoos are bad tattoos and most bad tattoos are cheap tattoos.” The ink will be on your body forever. Why not pay for the art you desire? Too many young men and women (even younger sometimes) are getting thee horrid tattoos and making their bodies look ugly. My advice is to go see a “real” artist at a “real” shop. Stop going to people’s houses or basements. If you don’t see sterilization equipment or licenses hanging up, hit the door and run!!!



I stick to a few artists. I trust them with my life as I do my skin. We have grown as friends and they have done me well.


Lane Turowski is @: www.thirtysixtytwo.com
Laurent Marin is @: www.adambombgalleriescom


No comments:

Post a Comment