Thursday, September 8, 2011

Will We Get There...

Last week, I received a letter in the mail from Southern Arkansas Community College telling me I didn’t get the job, which I applied for a few months back. The job was pretty standard. It would’ve been perfect towards getting me back to El Dorado and starting a new chapter in my life with my family. The kids enjoyed the idea of moving and even Daniela was pretty stoked about it.

Being in Arkansas (El Dorado) has many opportunities for us if we were to move there. The biggest would’ve been to have my children in an environment where, I could let them grow without the fears and cautions I currently have for them living in Milwaukee. I understand and accept the idea of there being dangers everywhere, but living here in Milwaukee, with a population of over 600,000 brings those fears and cautions to my front steps. El Dorado has a current population of 18,000-to-20,000. The jobs and employment ratios are suffering in the area. I thought with my education and experience, I’d be an ideal candidate to secure employment there.

For the children, El Dorado has a pretty okay school system. The structure of attendance would go as follows:

Nasir (9th Grade) El Dorado High School
Nile (7th Grade) Barton Jr. High School
N’kya (6th Grade) Hugh Goodwin Elementary School
Naim (1st Grade) Hugh Goodwin Elementary School

Also, with the El Dorado Promise, it would be very helpful to us financially towards the children’s educations.

I think a lot about moving and being home (El Dorado) with my family. I think what it would be like and how we’d fix up the land with a new house on it; just enjoy each other’s company. When I think of home everything is simpler. We don’t have the chaos and drama Milwaukee brings. Being there would allow my wife to relax and focus more on her rather than things that make us no never-mind.

Until I find that path home or at least a job there to sustain our way of living. Our family culture can be cultivated and prepare us for getting there one of these days sooner or later. We can prepare for another family trip to El Dorado to continue the vibe and enjoy our friends and family down there.   

No comments:

Post a Comment